INLET MANIFOLD GASKET - COOLANT LEAK
Bulletin Number - 0002
Issue - 1
Date - 20.01.1999
Model - Freelander
Affected Range - All vehicles with K16 engines up to approximate VIN XA 658828
INLET MANIFOLD GASKET -COOLANT LEAK
- Coolant level, difficult to maintain.
- Visual coolant leak from inlet manifold gasket.
- Engine may eventually overheat.
- Coolant in No. 1 cylinder / misfire
- Relaxation of inlet manifold fixings resulting in external or internal coolant loss.
- Distorted / damaged inlet manifold gasket due to overheating.
With reference to Workshop Manual repair number 30.15.08, apply the following modification.
1. Remove old type (black) inlet manifold gasket.
2. Remove the 3 upper manifold studs.
3. Fit 7 new type patchlock studs, part number TE108065ML to all inlet manifold threaded holes.
NOTE: Patchlock stud end must be fitted to cylinder head.
4. Refit manifold with modified (green) gasket, part number LKJ101110L and modified fixing torque nuts FX108047L.
5. Tighten all manifold nuts to 17 Nm in the sequence shown in illustration.
6. Ensure cooling system is correctly bled to ensure no air pockets exist. Refer to Workshop Manual repair number 26.10.01.
7. Pressure test cooling system to confirm no leaks exist. If any pressure loss is detected, carry out further investigation to establish cause.
LKJ101110L - Inlet manifold gasket
TE108065ML - Patchlock studs (7 off required)
FX108047L - Torque nuts (7 off required)
Use Complaint Code: 2U1N
Use S.R.O.: 30.15.89/28
Time allowance: 1.80 Hrs